Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 29, 2007

No Plastic Bags

Check out this article:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/28032007/3/world-san-francisco-bans-plastic-grocery-bags.html

When I was in university I lived with someone that was taking Environmental Science. She introduced me to the idea of taking a knapsack to the grocery store to avoid using plastic bags. Since then it is very rare that I get a bag at any store (I always try to have a bag with me so that I do not have to get any new ones). These plastic bags are extremely bad for the environment and I am so happy to see that they are starting to be banned.

I know my local grocery store is beginning to sell the cloth bags (which are awesome for veggies and fruit that I don't want to throw into the knapsack).

If you haven't already made the switch from plastic, please do so. The environment needs your help.

No comments: