Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Roundup

Another St. Paddy's Day has come and gone. I was unable to stay as long as last year. I drank one too Harp's, I think. Julia got me home just after 6pm (I think). I had a great time, as always. But, we didn't have as big of a group throughout the day, so I think that had me drinking more. I was not well at around midnight (when I woke up from sleeping on the couch). Wicked headache in the morning, but advil cleared that up right away.

I wish I had of been able to stay longer. I didn't really get to enjoy the band and I do love that band (I bought a CD this year so that I can at least listen to them once in awhile).

Julia, Kevin, Karen and I made it to the pub for just after 11am. Kevin was complaining about why we had to be there so early. He just doesn't understand our love of St. Paddy.

Friday night I ended up staying at work until around 8pm and came outside to a ton of snow. Being in the basement all day you just don't know what it is like outside, at all. It took me two hours to get home. I was so tired, but had a ton to do. I didn't get to sleep until around 4am and had to be up for everyone to meet at my place prior to heading over to the pub. Why do I do this all the time?

Sunday I vegged on the couch and finished watching the third season of Sex and the City, along with the third season of The X-Files. I can't wait to get season 4 of the X-Files. I never watched this religiously, it is much better when watched in order.

I also watched A History of Violence. I don't know why it took me so long to watch this movie. It has Viggo (ah, Aragorn) and Lisa told me it was excellent (she saw it at the Toronto Film Festival, I believe). It was a great film. I highly recommend it!

I also finished reading 'Long Way Round'. I really want to see the TV show, now. I can't wait to get the motorcycle out this spring (I've already seen two bikes out on the QEW) and hit the road. I don't think I would ever be keen to ride through Mongolia, but I would love to travel there.

Last night was our final hockey game of the season. I played pretty well, I made a couple of good passes and picked up a rebound, but didn't put enought weight behind my shot. The summer season starts in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I really need to get out there and be more active this year.

No comments: