Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, March 19, 2007

Test the Nation IQ

Last night CBC had a special called 'Test the Nation' to determine the nation's average IQ. I taped the show, but decided to take the test online. While taking the test I knew I had at least three questions wrong (as soon as I clicked on the button, I knew I was wrong), but online it did not allow you to change your answer.

My average on the different sections was 10 out of 12 correct. The average IQ is between 90 and 100. I have taken a couple of other online IQ tests and I normally end up with around 115. But, on this test I ended up with 124. Which puts me in the top 8% of Canadians. Woo hoo. But, I'm not a genius. Genius level is over 130 :( (I want to be smarter). My lowest section score I am unhappy to say was 9/12 in the logic section. I'm super annoyed, since I do think of myself as a pretty logical person. Maybe I shouldn't have had a beer before taking the test.

Check out the test:
http://www.cbc.ca/testthenation/takethetest/

On the website they also have some 'fun facts' on IQ. One of the not so 'fun facts': Women with a higher IQ are 40% less likely to marry.

2 comments:

gollumullog said...

Damn this test. I scored a 123, but I blame trying to do it while laying in bed on the laptop. I missed two questions because it took me too long to read the answer while getting comfortable.

(doing it again later I only scored a 128, I guess knowing the questions before hand doesn't help that much, I think I did worse on some of the questions)

Wo Kai Li said...

So, my brother scored lower than me the first time. Now I want to take it again and see how I do the second time.

It was funny, but I started watching it on tv and wrote down my answers, but when I went and took the test online I didn't pay attention to what I had written down and I got one wrong online but had gotten it right on paper.