Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Great Book

I just finished reading an amazing book. Lisa leant me 'Sweetness in the Belly' by Cynthia Gibb. I highly recommend this book. It really reminded me of 'The Kite Runner'. I'm not sure if that is because it was written about a part of the world that I don't know, and a part that went through a huge shift in power during the story. Either way, they were both excellently written. I could hardly put it down. The story is set in Ethiopia and London, England.

I just received word that my contract is being extended another 3 months. So, 3 more months of driving to and from Niagara Falls. Which is good. I'm excited about the project. It just really needs to get off the ground (waiting for a consulting company that is coming in before I have a project start date). Right now, I'm writing documentation and recommendations. Very exciting stuff. But, now that I have an office it isn't so bad. I didn't realize just how loud it had been in the room I had been working in.

My dad is (hopefully) coming tonight to finish up the flooring. It looks awesome, but I am really tired of not having a closet (I had ripped out all the carpet last week since I thought he was coming on the weekend). I should have ripped out the carpet in the back bedroom yesterday, but I just couldn't find the energy. I can't wait for everyone to see it when it is done. I will definitely be having a party to celebrate the death of the pink carpet.

No comments: