Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 26, 2007

Nunavut, Here I Come

Yesterday, I met up with Liz and Michelle at the Outdoor Adventure show. We checked out some companies that have adventure tours, as well as some booths for the different provinces. There weren't a lot of companies with stuff to buy. But, I did locate a sleeping bag for the Nunavut trip. Since I am so short I was able to buy a kids sleeping bag. It will keep me all nice and toasty up near the artic (apparently we will get to step into the artic circle on the trip - how cool is that?).

We also hit MEC to check out what they have. I bought a new sleeping mat. It used to be all about the thermarest, but now it is all about the Big Agnes. It folds up so small! I'm very excited, but boy is my bank account unhappy with me after yesterday.

It was great to get to hang out with Michelle and Liz again. It had been way too long. It sounds like I will be hitting Blue Mountain this summer to do some mountain biking. I am a little scared (okay, more than little) to ride a bike down the same slopes I would normally snowboard down.

No comments: