Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stupid Car

Remember my post on how many problems I had with my mini when I first bought it? Well, they haven't stopped. It turns out the battery that they put into my car is leaking battery acid. The gauges went all crazy last night. So, I took it into th mini dealership for them to check it out. $150 for them to look to see what is wrong (this after I have spent over $1200 on them checking out my car in the last 2 months). I am not impressed.

So, I called the dealership where I bought the car, they are checking to make sure the battery is still under warranty. They will then replace it (mini wants to charge me $480 + taxes for the diagnostic and the battery replacement).

Heidi, you need to find out how to service a mini! I would definitely prefer to give this money to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I feel your pain Mel. I'll tell you all about my saga when I see you next, but suffice it to say, it's taken 2.5 weeks, two dealerships, four trips to the dealership, an hour-long bus ride home and a cute little rental car, but "apparently" it's all fixed now. I pick it up today, so keep your fingers crossed. If I show up Saturday in something other than my truck, you'll know something's up. ;-)