Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, February 02, 2007

Home Depot Sucks

This past week my dad and I looked at laminate flooring for my condo (as I posted earlier this week). The home depot that we went to, didn't have enough stock. So, we bought what they had. The 'manager' there was a real jerk, he wouldn't help us to contact another store to put aside the rest of what we needed. He just said the other stores had to stock and would have it for the same price. Unfortunately, they didn't give us locations, only store numbers. Did you know that the home depot website doesn't give you the store numbers, just the address? So, how helpful are a bunch of store numbers (not phone numbers).

Anyway, my dad went out over the next couple of days to track down the other eleven boxes of flooring that I needed. He toured all over south western Ontario. At one store as he was talking to the flooring associate the rest of the stock was being purchased. He asked me to stop at the home depot at Winston Churchill and the 401 on my way home. Which I did. They had 11 boxes at least, but for over double the price of what I paid at the Mavis and Brittania store. So, I talked to special services to find out why. They said it was because the Mavis / Brittania store was having a discontinuation sale (1st reason) and it was only that store. They would not be able to match it (even though, right behind her head was a sign that said 'price match guarantee'. I was so pissed off, I left and was ready to return what I had already bought.

The next day I had calmed down and I called customer care. They put me back in touch with the Winston Churchill store. This time they told me that the reason the price was different was because the Mavis store was closing and they were getting rid of their stock (2nd reason). Which would have been a valid reason if I had of bought it before they moved into their new location. She finally told me she would look into it and get back to me by the end of the day.

Then I talked to my dad and told him that they said the sale was only at the Mavis / Brittania store. He told me that was a lie since he had been to at least four other stores with the sale price. I was not impressed at all with Home Depot at this point. The woman then called me back and said they would not match the price because it was a manager's choice sale (3rd reason) and they were not having the sale. I was so mad at this point.

I called customer care back. This time they put me in touch with the mavis / brittania store. I talked to a very nice woman and she told me that the Winston Churchill store was showing on her computer as having the sale price. Yet, I had talked to them 30 mins before and they said no sale price. Luckily this woman at the mavis store took pity on me. She called around and found me a store in Brampton that had stock and had the sale price. I headed right over and bought the rest of what I needed so that my dad could pick it up.

I hope this is the end of the craziness of dealing with home depot. But, I'm not holding my breath.

We start this week on pulling up the horrible pink carpet. Woo hoo!

No comments: