Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Movie Choices

I made some bad movie choices this weekend.

Lisa came over for dinner and a movie on Friday night. Since Lisa watches way more movies than I do, I was quite happy to go with her thoughts on what to watch. She was in a mood for a cheesy romance. That sounded good to me, but unfortunately, there really weren't a lot of choices (at least of things she hadn't seen). So, we chose 'The Last Kiss' with Zach Braff. it was so horrible. Not one redeemable quality in any of the men in this movie. They were all such jerks. I don't understand why any of the women in this movie would want to be with these guys. So, why was this a bad choice (other than the movie was crappy)? Because the guy I had been dating stopped emailing me and I really needed a movie where guys weren't jerks.

Today I watched two movies, 'The Wild One' and 'Girl, Interrupted'. The Wild One was okay. I had always wanted to watch it, see Brando as the rebel motorcycle rider. Girl, Interrupted was probably the wrong choice when I hadn't taken my medication for a couple of days. I was definitely having thoughts of being super crazy while watching that movie (hee hee). But, it was very good. Normally, I'm not a big Angelina fan, but she was quite impressive in this role. I read the book a few years ago, but never had the chance to watch the movie.

In the future, I need to think the movie choices through :)

No comments: