Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Fashion

I was supposed to play hockey last night at 10:15 (right in the middle of the Oscars). Being the dedicated player that I am, I headed out in the snow (we got hit with quite a bit of snow last night and this morning). Here's a surprise, only four of us showed up (and the four that almost always show up). So, we had to forfeit our playoff game.

But, it did mean I was able to head home to finish watching the Oscars. This year I haven't seen any of the movies, but it seemed that everyone won that was expected to win (at least in the main categories).

I did like the opening bit where the nominees were all in front of the camera. I also liked the sound effects choir, very cool. But, as normal it went on way too long. Now, I understand why they don't do the main awards at the beginning of the show, but if they did, then these would be the people that didn't have to keep their speeches short. And really, why don't they just say the show is 4 hours instead of 3, has it ever been under 4?

On to my favourite part of Oscar night: the fashions. I watched most of the live on the red carpet with the E network (I did turn on the Canadian one for about 2 seconds and Mulroney was so annoying I had to turn it back).

My top 5 best dressed (oh, how to limit it to 5):
Reese Witherspoon (she was definitely my fav)
Helen Mirren (to look this good at any age!)
Jodie Foster (love her hair)
Emily Blunt (loved the blue)
Melissa Etheridge (she looks amazing)

(Cate Blanchett looked amazing as well - what a stunning dress, as did JLo and Kate Winslet)

My 5 worst dressed:
First off, are the reporters on the red carpet paid money by certain designers? Because someone may look completely horrible, but they say the person looks great. I don't understand.
Gwyenth Paltrow (red lipstick with a burgundy dress, yuck)
Nicole Kidman (okay, I didn't mind the bow and the red dress was quite lovely, but she sounded stoned, or stupid)
Cameron Diaz (I am not a big fan of Cameron's but I have seen her looking much better. I do like the brown hair, but I don't think that skin tight dress did anything for because it looked like she couldn't walk properly)
Anne Hathaway (has she ever shown up looking good on the red carpet? I think she is a beautiful girl, but she has really bad taste in fashion)
Kirsten Dunst (once again an actress I am not a fan of. I did like the top of her dress, but then the bottom was horrible. You could see her legs through the bottom and it just made the bottom half of her look bad, and really bad hair, way too messy for the Oscars)
Beyonce (hair and makeup were gorgeous, but the dress would have been better without that thing around her neck)

No comments: