Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Adoption

As many of you know I have been talking about adopting for many years now. Well, I just took the first step. I emailed the children's aid society to find out what my first step will be. I am very nervous and very excited!

For years I had hoped to adopt from China. Unfortunately, they changed their policy back in May and singles can no longer adopt :( I began looking at other countries, but none of them had the same emotional hold on me. It is extremely expensive to adopt internationally (upwards of $20K) and to not have the country I hoped for open to me, seemed like a lot of money when there are children at home to be adopted. I know I was very adamant on the international adoption, but I have to face reality and know that I can't afford that.

I believe a home study will be one of the first things I need to do. Which is pretty intimidating, I think. What if I'm not what they are looking for? What if I'm really not ready for this? I shall keep you posted.

No comments: