Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First Air Sucks

I know I haven't posted my blog about my trip to Nunavut (I'm trying, really), but I will have intermediate postings. So, we flew with First Air and it was really expensive ($2000 each). I also had a flight to Ottawa from Toronto and Liz and Michelle were going to drive. But, Liz found a seat sale and booked us all on flights from Toronto to Ottawa (and return). This would have been great except that our plane broke down in Pangirtung on our return date. Little did we know that because we hadn't booked the Toronto / Ottawa portion with First Air they would not cover the change costs when we missed this flight. So, it ended up costing each of us $240 more for our flight to Toronto.

I just received the response from First Air and they are giving us $160 vouchers for flight with them over the next year. Did you see my note above where our flight cost $2000? You can go one way from Iqaluit to Pang for $135. Where (and why) would I go anywhere they fly again? I've been up north I don't plan to go again.

They suck. I do not recommend every flying with them because if their planes break down (which didn't seem to surprise anyone up there) they don't cover shit. They gave us each $25 for dinner for a restaurant where the cheapest meal was $45. Nice.

No comments: