Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Knitting

Last year I decided to take up knitting. I bought a 'learn to' book and taught myself from the book. The problem - I get bored with just about everything. I have a super short attention span. So, the knitting has been an on again / off again thing. Last night I decided to take it out again. I learned the perl stitch last night, which was pretty exciting. So, then I did some knitting where I was switching between the knit stitch and the perl stitch. At some point I must not have been paying attention because the piece I was knitting started to look pretty funny. I think I did an extra row of perl stitches and that messed it up. But, I'm excited to be doing something different with each row. Now that I actually have to pay attention to what I'm doing I may not get bored :)

My friend Julia knits quite a bit (not as much as she would like if you read her blog) so I will probably be picking her brain for easy patterns and ideas once I feel comfortable with what I'm doing.

No comments: