Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Motorcycles Not Environmentally Friendly?

I was just checking out a link that David Suzuki put on his facebook page about greener living.

While I was there I read an article on motorcycles. Apparently, they are less environmentally friendly than passenger cars (due to the less stringent rules for motorcycles, currently).

http://www.ec.gc.ca/envirozine/english/issues/32/any_questions_e.cfm

This just seems counter-intuitive. Must do more investigation on my bike.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the irony Mel, the irony. :-)

Dukey Monster said...

An interesting bit of info. My bike gets about 45 to 50 miles to the gallon, while my neighbor's Yukon gets 15 mies to the gallon. Yet I polute the environment more than he? Ha!

Anyhow, while it's true that the exhaust control of an average motorcycle might be less controlled, more miles can be covered on an average motorbike than an average car. I wonder if that balances the favor to the motorcyclist?

Ride safe!