Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, September 14, 2007

Tennis Update

I had my second tennis match last night. I lost 6-3, 6-1. I am okay with losing because the week before I lost 6-0, 6-1. So I am definitely improving and I'm having a great time.

I have my first night of trivia on Monday. I used to be a sub on a team, but I am a full-fledged member of a team this season. I'm hoping that I don't bring them down too much. This league is crazy. It's hard to explain what the rounds are like. Go check out the website and click on the link for some of the previous questions. One season there was a history round on the royal houses. They gave you the years and you had to state the name of the house / family. Really, that's what it's like. This isn't bar trivia. http://torquiz.freeshell.org/ I'm still bitter that I missed the night when they had a round of entertainment trivia on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I would have kicked ass on that one (yes, I am on the team for my pop trivia knowledge).

Wish me luck.

This weekend is the annual Terry Fox run. My friend Julia and I will be heading to High Park in Toronto to do our part. I missed last year and am happy to get back into it this year. Remember all he wanted was a dollar for every Canadian. I think we can all get behind that for what he did.

No comments: